written 7/23/12 (8 weeks 4 days)
We have a heartbeat!!
Okay I just had to get that off my chest.
This past week and a half has been nerve wrecking. As much as I tried to not think about the worst I just couldn't help but go there, especially when the Dr. tells you there is a "50/50 chance" of having this baby be viable.
So I woke up this morning earlier then normal since I couldn't really sleep. Marlon and I got to the lab right on time and it wasn't long after that we were called. The tech looked at our history before she called us so she knew that we were there just a week and a half ago and we didn't see a baby.
She pretty much told me that there was no need to do the external ultrasound since it's still very early and that we would go straight to the transvaginal ultrasound. The minute the wand was inside we were able to see the sac almost instantly. The tech turned on the speaker and we immediately heard our babies heartbeat. For a minute I thought I was listening to my own and even had to ask her and she said "that's your baby." Ahhh! That was music to my ears!!
Our baby's heartbeat was 172bpm (beats per minute) and according to the tech this was normal. She also said that everything else about the baby was perfect...There is nothing else I'd expect to hear.
It's amazing how one week can make such a difference. In my heart of hearts I knew that there was a little peanut in there and my body was physically telling me that there was too! I am so glad that we were given the good news that we wanted to hear. I couldn't of asked for a more perfect day (other then Alyssa being here with me of course.)
A few weeks ago I mentioned that we all went out to dinner for Marlon's birthday. We ate at this delicious chinese/korean restaurant. At the end of the dinner they gave out fortune cookies. Marlon and I each got a fortune that I swear was totally meant for us...
Marlon's Fortune:
My fortune:
One of our other family members got this fortune, I think it was Mar's dad:
So without further adieu I would like to introduce you all to Baby Ing:




Yay! I love it!
ReplyDeleteDear Sheryll, Celeste and I were hoping that you were pregnant when we saw you in July. We didn't want to say anything in case we were wrong, but am so happy that you are carrying a bundle of love and joy! Marlon and you will be awesome parents. I saw a 2nd picture of the baby that was in a brown/gold color, but can't seem to find the picture again. Did you post 2 pictures? I'd like to show Dad the other one. It was a perfect baby in the picture. Can't wait to see more of my next grand child. All our love to you and Marlon during this excitng time... Love always, Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete