Thursday, March 7, 2013

Camden Ari Ing

This is a long over due post and I apologize for the delay.

I have been adjusting to this new role of mine as well as recovering from my C-Section.

I would like to introduce to you our son Camden Ari Ing.  Camden was born on 2/18/2013 at 12:36 p.m. and weighed in at 6lbs 15 oz...he was 19 1/2 inches long.

I will save the birth story for another post but I did want to write how amazing it was to hear his first cries when the doctors pulled him out of me.  It was a sound so sweet and something I will always remember as it was a sound I never got to hear from Alyssa.

It's been almost 3 weeks now since Camden's birth and I am relishing this new role of mine of caring for a living child.  It's odd because I know that I am already a mother to my first born but this is different.  I am no longer caring for a child living in heaven, I actually have a child here on earth who needs me.  I look at him and overwhelming joy and love succombs me.  Is this what bearing a child is suppose to be like?  A part of me is saddened as I will never truly experience what "that feeling" is, as I will alway know what its like to have it taken away.

I look at Camden and I am in awe of what he has brought me and my family.  I wrote earlier how this child of mine needs me but it is I who needs him.  He brought me and my husband joy again, finally we have a child of our own here to care for...It has been a very long journey but it feels good to finally bring a baby home. 

I'll leave now with just a few photos of our son. 




3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! he is adorable!!! Love all his hair!!! Congrats Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful. Congrats, so glad he is here. xx Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this, I missed a lot of blogs when I was traveling last month. Congrats, and he is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete